Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

John and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Take time to thank God for all your blessings. Then take time to enjoy them.

We are thankful for each other, for our family, for the freedom to travel this great country, for health, for the warm weather in Southern Arizona. For everyone who reads this blog. For knowing Jesus Christ.

I am grateful I no longer have to do all the work of hosting a big holiday dinner, though I used to love that. Even before we became full-timers, I was happy to attend the feast at our son and daughter-in-law's home. Though we really miss them and our grandchildren, especially on holidays, we will enjoy sharing a meal with maybe 800 people here at Valle del Oro in Mesa. I only have to fix a green salad for 12.

However, on Friday I will roast a turkey breast and prepare dressing and mashed potatoes--for 2.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to those comments about missing family...and being grateful for them and every good thing in our lives. And thanks for reminding us who to give our thanks to. Appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete