Monday, July 18, 2011

Useful Again

I finally feel like I can be useful again here at Lathrop. Since June 15, when I realized that doing a lot of walking had made my knee and lower leg swell, I have really limited my activity. But each day since my surgery last Wednesday, I have been able to do more walking.

For the past month I have worked in the camp store and driven the truck while John cleared out Russian Olive trees and cleaned fire pits. But I haven't done any of the physical labor. Yesterday, however, I was able to help drag out some of the tree limbs. And today I picked up litter and helped remove fire wood that had been left in the campground. I feel useful again. And capable. I have hated having to limit my activity.

I am grateful to God for the healing I have experienced. And to John for all his help and care before, during and since the surgery. Thanks to all who have been praying for me. I appreciate all the emails and blog comments of good wishes and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment