Saturday, June 25, 2011

Darn and Double Darn

A month ago I was climbing up into our pickup truck when I felt a “pop” in my right knee. I hobbled around that day. The next day I bought an elastic knee brace and that seemed to help. Two weeks later, I felt almost well, so I went running with John that morning. Not a good idea.

For the next few days, it seemed to get a little better. A week ago I walked a lot, helping with the work here at Lathrop. But by Wednesday, I could hardly put any weight on it. That meant a trip to the doctor’s office was in order. The Spanish Peaks Family Clinic and Regional Health Center are right across the highway from Lathrop. I was able to get an appointment with a nurse practitioner the same morning.

Now, a week and a half later, I have had an X-ray and an MRI. I have a torn meniscus. I am being referred to a sports orthopedic clinic in Colorado Springs and surgery is most likely on the agenda.

This sure puts a crimp in my running. No, it has brought it to a screeching halt. How long it will be before I can resume my exercise routine?

1 comment:

  1. Geez, I'm sorry to hear that. All that running, and you hurt it climbing into the truck? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete