Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Forward

The sun reportedly came up at 7:45 am today in Alamo, TX. I say reportedly because we haven't seen it yet. The sky is overcast. But my issue is not with the clouds. It is with Daylight Savings Time. Who wants sunrise at 7:45 in the morning? It was bad enough when it didn't come up till 7 a month ago.

We are morning people. One of the first things we like to do, several days a week, is go for a 3-mile run. But not in the dark. Especially in an area known for drug smuggling and the entry of illegal immigrants from Mexico. We leave for our volunteer position between 7:30 and 7:45 in the morning. That would mean we would have to run about 6:15 or 6:30 so we could come back and clean up. Can't do that when the sun comes up late.

I prefer early morning light and don't care for long hours of daylight after dinner. How can I go out and look at the moon or the stars before my 9:30 pm bedtime if the sun just went below the horizon?

Enough complaints. Unless we spend all year in Arizona, we won't escape Daylight Savings Time. I guess I had better adjust my attitude and live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment