Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Photogenic Lander

We spent a couple of relaxing days in Lander as we traveled south through Wyoming.  This small town, where we have been before, is very photogenic and has a very nice Safeway for shopping.

The old downtown buildings are well preserved.


I loved the name of this restaurant.


Look at the leaded windows in this restaurant.


All small towns had a movie theater, back in the day.  This one is still showing movies.


A creative sculptor made this bike and rider outside the local bike shop.


In a park at one end of town they have a series of bronze statues of a cowboy driving some cattle.

Here is a close-up of the cowboy, followed by a look at the colorful hat band he is wearing. I wonder who added that?






I am sure we will stay in Lander again, if we drive this route. Since this is at least the second time I have included these sculptures in a blog, I will skip them if we came here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment