Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Somebody Has Been Really Busy

In early October John and I took a class on turning pens. It is relatively easy to do. But it takes practice and skill to do it really well.  Since then I have made 4 more pens. But John is another story. He loves creating pens. Just look at what he has done!



Only 2 of these pens are ones I made.  I need a lot of practice before I am good at it.

John especially likes woods with pattern or designs. If you look closely, you will see zebrawood, bocote, wenge and others. There is even stabilized ambrosia maple. All of these woods can be made into exquisite pens. We have found three stores in the Phoenix area that sell wood pen blanks, plus we can order them online.

All this creativity is filling John's time in his retirement.

1 comment: