Monday, May 25, 2009

Anything But Ordinary

Our week may have been ordinary, but there is nothing ordinary about where we are living. We are surrounded by many interesting birds and we have deer grazing right next to the trailer.

For my birthday, which is next Sunday, John bought me a new telephoto lens for my camera. For years I have wanted to take good photos of birds and other wildlife. There is so much to see here, it seemed the right time to get a 300 mm lens. It arrived this week.

Before it came, I took pictures of Canada Geese on our lake.


And of this Bullock’s Oriole (I think) on the bushes outside our trailer.


With the new lens, I captured these deer grazing while we ate dinner Saturday evening.

Today I got this photo of a Rufous Sided Towhee. I have seen them in several places around the campground. Today I watched this bird or another of the same kind trying to fight with its reflection in the chrome on our truck and a mirror on the front of our trailer.


This Say’s Phoebe has a nest on top of a light fixture on the side of the Camp Store building.

Martin Lake in Lathrop State Park has some beautiful sections. I photographed this cove one evening last week.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment