Thursday, May 16, 2019

Shooting Before Traveling

Yesterday morning we went to the pistol range at the Clark Country Shooting Complex.  This time we each had our own target--I wanted to see how I did without trying to figure out which shots John made and which ones I did.

I felt really good about the first 4 shots I tool with one of our 38 pistols.  Look at that--right in the center!


This target is also mine--with a different pistol.



This is one of the targets John used.  His pattern is much tighter than mine.



Until this year, I hadn't shot for over 40 years. I find I enjoy it. And I'm better at shooting than I ever was at golf.

Today we left Las Vegas and drove to Barstow, California. Here is some of the scenery we saw along the way.



These are some of the Joshua Trees we saw as we drove into California. They are such interesting shrubs/trees. Our son Doug was stationed at 29 Palms Marine Corps base near Joshua Tree. When we visited him there we saw our first of these plants.


We plan to make our way north through California, then Oregon and Washington. Beyond that, nothing is certain.

1 comment:

  1. Great shooting for both of you.
    Hoping the you continue to have Safe travels and Enjoy the adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete