Friday, June 23, 2017

Views from the Midwest

I grew up in Denver.  For good views I looked to the Rocky Mountains.  The ocean also provides great views.  But there is a lot to see in the Midwest, where we have been traveling the last couple of months.

I love the patterns in the field.


Campgrounds have grain silos on the horizon.


My dad grew up in the Midwest, in Illinois.  He always said the corn needed to be knee high by the 4th of July.  It isn't even July and this corn is at least waist high. In the second photo that field is only about knee high.





These cattle are huddled together in the shade--at least most of them are.  Cattle really have a go-with-the-heard mentality.

</



A farm house and barn surrounded by many acres of field.


The country has been farmed for a couple of centuries.  We often see broken down, abandoned buildings.


Wide open spaces are everywhere.  And straight, straight roads, sometimes with a few hills along the way.

What beautiful scenes as we travel I-80 and I-70 west across the country.

1 comment:

  1. We were in Iowa for the 4th one year and the corn was as tall as us! I was amazed as I had also heard the knee high gage.

    ReplyDelete