Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Bragging Rights


I hate to brag, but I will,anyway. John and I have been wearing pedometers every days for many years. It helps keep us accountable for how active we are. Over a year ago, we began using the fitbit, a really cool, small pedometer that almost always stays on when you put it on. Every day, I sync it with the fitbit app on the phone, so I can keep a record of what I do.

This week, a received an email totaling how much I had walked last year. The report says I walked 3,347,044 steps during 2014, which is 1,473 miles. (I tried to copy the graphic report from email to here, but the numbers don't come across. I guess you will just have to believe me.) I think 1,473 miles is pretty impressive and something to brag about, don't you?

5 comments:

  1. You're doing much better than I am. I'm only averaging 6000 steps a day now. I need to get back with the program. Congratulations on your 1473 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your milestone! it is sometimes hard to get your steps in everyday but the fitbit keeps you motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, way to go, was looking at the fitbit's to track my walking...thinking it may be my birthday present to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we had know you were using the Fitbit. We have been thinking about getting them. I'd say that's some serious mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of Fitbit...now I want to know more. That is a lot of steps...good for y'all.

    ReplyDelete