Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014--By the Numbers

It has been quite a year for us. Frankly, I don't have enough time or energy to review what we have done and where we have been. But I love statistics, so I did pull together that sort of information about the year just past.

This blog makes 152 for the year. That is a lot of writing and a great way for me to record our lives. Tomorrow, I will use Blog to Print to pull those posts into a bound book of memories. (If you are interested in doing the same, let me know. If I send you a referral and if you use it, I get a little bit off my book.)

We traveled all summer.  I have kept track of how many miles we towed the RV, a well as how many miles we drove without it. We covered a total of 14,477 miles which included 7515 towing miles and 6811 miles without the RV. We covered a lot of miles in our summer travels, but when I look at the total of 14,000+ I realize that for the whole year, it wasn't a lot. I think I drove that much just commuting when I was working. And I think 15,000 is the average number of annual miles for many people.

During our travels, we visited 15 states and stayed in 41 campgrounds. That is the dry overview of the year. If you want to see the interesting overview, you can reread the blog. And please, come along for the events of 2015.

5 comments:

  1. Kathy and I would like to wish you both a Safe and Happy New Year.
    You forgot to mention buying and fixing the house in your review.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, wishing you a wonderful, healthy, happy and adventurous 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's for sure. I know I drove 15000 commuting miles and they weren't any fun. Aren't we lucky?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested in finding out more about printing our blog. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete