Friday, November 06, 2015

We're Just About Done

Only one more addition to go and our workshop will be complete. After assembling the scroll saw and lathe stands, we waited for the work bench tops to arrive. They came by FedEx Freight in a very heavy, large box.


The legs for the bench were already here, so we started putting everything together. All it took were some 2 X 4s and bolts.


It wasn't long before it was all together.


I knew I needed a place for my turning tools. We found this diagram and instructions in one of my books.


We put it together and it hangs on the wall to the right of the lathe. It is right next to the utility sink, which we had installed today.


Here is everything in place.




From the last picture, you can see all the stuff that will go into the cabinets, which we have ordered and should be in place in a couple of weeks.

Meanwhile, John is doing intarsia, I have turned a couple pieces of birch wood and finished cutting out a scroll saw basket I started last year. We are beginning to have fun in our shop!

3 comments: