Sunday, February 21, 2021

Catching Up

 Since our hike at San Tan, we have been walking here in the resort and working on our craft projects.  John finished this stunning keepsake box.  It is made of padauk wood with turquoise inlay.  I think it is the most dramatic and beautiful box yet!


He also made this gentleman's jewelry box.


I finished a band saw box.


My next project started when I brought home this rock from the yard at our old funeral home in Castle Rock.  We visited there last year.



It is quartz and will make some beautiful jewelry.  Last week I took the rock into the lapidary shop in the resort and had these slices cut off for me to use.


John is now working a a mini intarsia eagle to decorate one of the boxes he has made.

Tuesday there was a Mardi Gras parade here in Canyon Vistas.  We enjoyed watching them walk and ride by.






The resort staff is working hard to provide activities in these Covid times of social distancing and masks.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job on the Boxes. Looking forward as to what you do with the Quartz.
    Cute parade.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete