Thursday, October 13, 2016

Second Hike

Today we hiked the 3+ mile round trip Hieroglyphics Trail in the Superstition Mountains. We have hiked the trail at least five times before. It was just as beautiful this time. I love looking at the palo verde trees and saguaro cactus.




There is a lot of rock art at the end of the trail.




This old, dead saguaro reminds me of an old, gray grandpa with green children a his feet.


Does anyone else think this balanced rock looks like Abraham Lincoln's head?


The Phoenix skyline was very hazy as we returned to the trail head. That is not unusual.


What was unusual for this mid-week hike was the large number of families with children on the trail. We didn't realize it was fall break in the Phoenix area schools! I just wish I had the energy those children had as they hiked up the trail.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen and taken pictures of that balanced rock and never noticed the resemblance to Lincoln. ;-D

    ReplyDelete