Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mole Hills

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. I have heard that expression all my life. But since I have never seen a mole, or evidence of a mole, it didn't mean a whole lot. Now it does.


Here in Oregon there are lots of moles, I guess. Or at least one very busy mole here at the hatchery. Anywhere we see green grass, we find these hills of brown dirt. I wonder if the moles are digging out so much dirt that their tunnels will cave in after a big rain.



I still haven't seen a mole. But I can see where they have been.



What we do see each day are these two ducks. They live here at the hatchery and one of our responsibilities is to feed them each morning. John usually is the one who goes down there with the feed and they quack and quack and waddle around, excited about breakfast coming over the fence. Here they are, wondering why he is pointing that black box at them instead of giving them their food.



No comments:

Post a Comment